Participants and Networks –
The ENERGY STAR® Initiative in Canada
The benefits of becoming a ENERGY STAR Participant
Becoming an ENERGY STAR Participant may provide your organization with the following benefits:
- increased market exposure by being part of a credible international endorsement initiative;
- ability to use the internationally recognized ENERGY STAR symbol;
- opportunities for joint marketing and promotional campaigns;
- enhanced market presence through the ENERGY STAR Web site;
- heightened public image by showing leadership in addressing environmental challenges such as climate change and air pollution;
- access to training workshops, Participant updates, survey data on consumer attitudes, case studies and ready-to-print marketing material; and
- support for implementing an energy efficiency initiative in your own organization, thereby saving money and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Who should participate?
Organizations that should participate include;
- Manufacturers, Distributors and Retailers of ENERGY STAR qualified products
- All levels of Government
- Utilities and Energy Retailers
- Trade Associations, Educators, and Environmental and Energy Efficiency Groups
- ENERGY STAR US Partners that are distributing products or services in Canada
Procurement Officials should be particularly interested in ENERGY STAR to reduce energy use in their organizations.
Organizations that are already participating in ENERGY STAR in the U.S. or other countries are encouraged to join as Participants in Canada.