Lighting - Fixtures
Whether you are building a new home or renovating an existing home, you can find ENERGY STAR qualified fixtures that will meet your needs. There are thousands of qualified fixtures to choose from, with prices to fit every budget. ENERGY STAR qualified fixtures – fluorescent and LED (light-emitting diodes) – use one third or less of the energy of traditional fixtures, while distributing light more efficiently and evenly. You may find what you need at home improvement centres, hardware stores, lighting specialty stores and other retail outlets.
ENERGY STAR Qualified Fixtures:
- Use 1/3 the energy of traditional lighting.
- Save money on energy bills and bulb replacements, with bulbs that must last at least 10,000 hours (about seven years of regular use).
- Distribute light more efficiently and evenly than standard fixtures.
- Come in hundreds of decorative styles including portable fixtures — such as table, desk and floor lamps — and hard-wired options such as front porch, dining room, kitchen ceiling and under-cabinet, hallway ceiling and wall, bathroom vanity fixtures, and more
- Deliver convenient features such as dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on outdoor models.
- Can be found at most home centers, lighting showrooms, and specialty stores.
- Carry a two year warranty — double the industry standard.
For more information: