Canada’s ENERGY STAR® Market Transformation Awards 2011
Assessment Criteria for
ENERGY STAR Manufacturer of the Year
The submission of a detailed description that highlights how one or more of the “Five A's” of market transformation has been met that should include:
Product Qualification Efforts
- Percentage of product line that is ENERGY STAR qualified
- Number these products and the percentage change over previous year
- Confirm that minimum labelling requirements are met on products, packaging, web site, spec sheets, user manuals, etc. (please provide examples or pictures)
- Demonstrate activities that go above and beyond minimum labelling requirements unique or highly prominent use of the symbol on product or packaging in terms of size, location, etc. while still meeting the Guidelines for Reproducing, Applying and Using ENERGY STAR Symbol in Canada.
- Integration of ENERGY STAR into your organization’s sales-force and employee training (please provide a description of efforts and include physical or photographic examples, where available as well as scope, number of employees reached, and any other measures of impact – e.g. training manuals/newsletters, e-mails, new employee packets, presentations, etc.)
- Cooperation with distributors, retailers or utility/state/regional partners to increase ENERGY STAR information in customer (retail/distributor) product knowledge training (please provide a description of efforts – e.g. collateral, e-mail/web-based, video, manuals/newsletters, emails, face-to-face presentations, specification sheets, etc.) Include physical or photographic examples, where available as well as scope, number of employees reached, and any other measures of impact.
Sales and Marketing (include co-marketing activities with retailers and/or utility/provincial efficiency programs)
- Demonstration of ENERGY STAR qualified products sales efforts including ENERGY STAR integration in exhibits at key industry tradeshows; presentations/meetings/ communications for product suppliers/distributors/retailers.
- Leadership and/or participation in promotions. Leadership and/or participation in other cooperative promotions such as those with utility/province efficiency programs, retailers, resellers, key distributors or suppliers (e.g. advertising, in-store, web-based).
- In addition to a description of the promotion and the roles of Participants, please include specifics on the duration, reach and impact.
Consumer/End User Education
- ENERGY STAR-themed community outreach activities /messaging public relations efforts, special events, press releases (please submit details of quality, quantity, frequency, reach)
- Print, radio, television, direct mail advertising, brochures with ENERGY STAR messages and symbol (please submit details of quality, quantity, frequency, reach)
- Point-of-Purchase (POP) materials such as brochures, displays, window clings and signage (please submit photographs, examples and data on reach.)
- Incorporation of ENERGY STAR symbol and messaging on company web site.
- Inclusion of environmental messaging in any of the above activities
Other Efforts that have been incorporated into company practices (if applicable)
These efforts can serve to further enhance your application.
- Participation/Leadership in discussion of new/revised ENERGY STAR specifications (where applicable for your product category).
- Commitment to organization-wide facility energy efficiency improvements.
- Organizational procurement practices of energy efficient and/or ENERGY STAR qualified products.
Note: ALL support material – pamphlets, posters, advertising materials, training materials, booths, etc. – MUST comply with the ENERGY STAR identity requirements as stipulated in the Guidelines for Reproducing, Applying and Using ENERGY STAR Symbol in Canada.