Buy ENERGY STAR®Qualified Models
Energy-efficient windows, doors or skylights will:
- reduce your home energy costs by 7 to 12 percent
- reduce or eliminate cold drafts
- collect less condensation
- reduce noise from outside
ENERGY STAR® makes it easy to buy an energy-efficient window, door or skylight.
Map of Canada's climate zones
Canada is divided into four climate zones based on annual average temperature. Zone A is the mildest, and Zone D is the coldest.
Make sure that the product model you are buying is qualified for the correct climate zone, or, to save even more energy, for colder zones.
An ENERGY STAR qualified window, door or skylight will have many of the following features:
- double- or triple-glazing, with a sealed insulating glass unit
- low-e glass
- inert gas, such as argon or krypton, in the sealed unit
- low-conductivity or ‘warm edge’ spacer bars
- insulated frames, sashes and door cores
- good air tightness
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol is administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and is registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.