Natural Resources Canada has developed ready-to-use graphic materials, articles, tools and templates that can help you organize a public education campaign at your workplace or develop a larger-scale awareness and outreach campaign in your community.
Check out what other communities and organizations are doing for more great ideas!
Building your own Campaign
The following fast facts, FAQ's and quiz can be easily cut and pasted into your workplace newsletter or used to create an interesting on-line quiz for your workplace website. Calculations that support many of the program messages on this website are also provided.
Understanding the Issues
- Why do Canadians idle?
- Why reduce our fuel use?
- Idling wastes fuel and money
- Vehicle warm-up
- Emission impacts resulting from vehicle idling
- Links between fuel consumption, climate change, our environment and health
- What is being done?
- How you can take action!
- Barriers to Individual Participation in Greenhouse Gas Reduction Activities
- Idling Impact Calculator - Individual
- Idling Impact Calculator - Community
- Idling Impact Calculator - Workplace
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ready to use graphic materials
- Ready to Use Facts
- Idling Quiz
- Arriving at Calculations
- Community-based Social Marketing
- Related links
For commercial vehicles
Visit the Fleetsmart site where you can read about fuel efficiency and how it can reduce your environmental impacts, improve productivity, and boost your bottom line.